
For the second year in a row, we went over Cottonwood pass and camped at Lakeview Campground overlooking Taylor Reservoir. This area is beautiful and we love spending a long weekend there when we can. My parents arrived a few days before, so they saved us a great camp site. We got in late, but had no problems setting up with the bright moonlight and a billion stars overhead. If you've never been to the mountains where it's really dark and you can see the stars, I highly encourage you to do so! Living in the city is definitely not a good way to see the beauty of the universe.
After a great night's sleep, my dad, sister and I went down to the Taylor River to do some fishing. Brisco got to tag along and was my fishing buddy. He brought me sticks hoping I would throw them for him. Instead, I let the river help out as the sticks would start floating away and Brisco would have to chase them down. We spent a few hours fishing and I ended up landing 3 fish. 2 nice sized browns (20+") and a smaller rainbow (16"-18"). Fishing down there can be tough, so I was very happy with 3!

We went back to camp for lunch, then Brisco got to stay with "granmama" while we took the rest of the pups out for a short hike behind the campground. This was Trek's first good hike through the woods. The other dogs showed him how to leap over logs and play in the snow!


The dogs all slept well that night and we didn't feel as guilty leaving them the next day to take the ATVs out. We only had 2 ATVs so my mom stayed back with the 6 pups while my sister, dad, Travis and I went out for a ride. We followed a nice trail that went up to the wilderness near Mt. Huron. The area was beautiful and there was nobody else around. When we reached the wilderness, we parked the ATVs and walked up the trail for a bit. My sister wanted to cross a stream, so we followed it to a log where we could all cross. It was also a great photo opportunity, so I got out the mini tripod and set the timer on the camera!

The next day Travis went out on my ATV while the rest of us fished some streams in North Taylor Park. The water was beautiful, but the fish weren't biting, so we decided to relax with the pups and enjoy the day. The pups got to swim and run around and I took lots of pictures. Here are a couple from "Pothole #2".


Unfortunately, we had to head home the next day. We decided to take a short hike at the top of Cottonwood Pass to get another family picture. The picture from our main MDS logo is on top of Cottonwood Pass. My sister was already up there with her dog, so we hiked up met her. She took a great picture of us so now we have an updated picture with Trek included!

It's nice to write this blog and look at the pictures again and think about the fun we had up there. God's given us a beautiful state to live in and we love every moment that we can get out and enjoy it!

No comments:
Post a Comment