
Brisco's first competition was the RUFF flyball tournament June 12-13. To ease him into it, he only ran part time on Sat. I spent lots of extra time warming him up and cooling him down and he did great! He was so happy to be back out in the lanes! On Sunday he ran in all but one race and he earned his FGDCH-50K (50,000 pts). He is the first dog in RUFF to reach that milestone. Yeah Brisco!!!
The next weekend we drove down to Colorado Springs for the yearly June ACAT NADAC trial. We'd only had one real practice, so I wasn't sure how well we'd work together. Again - I took some extra time to warm him up and cool him down. On Friday afternoon we had 2 rounds of weavers. The first round went really well and he ran nice and fast and got a Q and 1st place. In the second round I decided to try the bonus line. He was awesome and nailed it for a 20 pt Q and another 1st! Whoo hoo! On Saturday and Sunday he continued to run well. There were only 2 runs where we had communication issues for off-courses. In 2 regular runs he knocked 1 bar... probably because I opened my mouth and said something while he was over the jump. Oh well! It was really fun to be able to run him again and I know he loved it as well.

We went up to Loveland a few days after agility for his post-competition rehab checkup. They said he's looking good! He just has a slightly sore shoulder, so I'll get to ice and stretch that a little. It could be from flyball, but he also ran into the wall in our house the other day and dented it! Silly boy still gets freaked out on the wood floors.
This weekend we have one day of USDAA. I need to go outside and practice the table, double and triple jumps really quick before we leave. Hopefully it'll be a little cooler in Black Forest. 4th of July we're headed to the hills for a fun weekend away!

No comments:
Post a Comment