Brisco was unable to play agility due to his strained adductor muscle, so it was just Mariah on Sat. and Mariah & Taylor (my parent's dog) on Sunday. Mariah was a little bit of a goof both days, but she was a happy dog and running fast with lots of distance! This worked out well for us on Sat. when we ran elite chances. She got that Q and made it look easy. One chances Q down, one to go for NATCH 6!
Mariah's Elite Chances Run
On Sunday we had 3 dogs that only needed one chances Q for their NATCH's. Mariah - NATCH 6, Kim & Gunner - NATCH 2 and Keri & Morgan - NATCH (1st great dane NATCH!). Well, we started the day with chances and it was definitely tougher than Sat's course because there were 2 tunnel/dog walk descrimiations at a distance. I was worried about getting Mariah in the tunnel on the first pass. I really handled it and she got it! Then I just assumed my contact dog would take the dog walk the second time, so I let my handling slip and to my surprise, she took the tunnel again! Argh - bad handler!!! If I would have handled it, she would have Q'd. Oh well - lesson learned. Don't take the steady dog for granted. Gunner and Morgan both missed the Q as well, so no NATCH's this trial. Hopefully all the dogs will get it at our May trial.
A couple times a year I get to run my parents' dog Taylor. She doesn't get a lot of practice, so our main goal is to have fun and if we get a Q - great! This was our first time running in Elite jumpers and she did well, but we had one off course, so no Q. Tunnelers ended up being a good run! She was distracted at the start line, but then she ran well and earned a Q and 1st place. That was her 3rd open Q, so now she has her title!
Lindsey & Taylor's Open Tunnelers Run
Overall, the weekend went really well. Entries for our May trial open on Monday March 8th, so time to start all over again!
