Monday, February 15, 2010

Feb. ACAT NADAC Trial

We traveled to Latigo Trails just outside Colorado Springs for their yearly "Super Bowl" NADAC trial. I was chief course builder for one of my favorite judges Susan Perry. I started agility in Washington state and took a few lessons with Susan. She's a great trainer and it was fun having her down to judge.

On Friday afternoon we ran 2 runs of Weavers and one Tunnelers. Mariah went into the weekend needing 2 Weavers Q's for her Versatility NATCH 4. She was moving fast, having a blast and she Q'd in both! ACAT had a wonderful purple NATCH ribbon for us.

Versatility NATCH 4 Mariah


Mariah ended the weekend 11 for 14 and picked up another Chances Q. Only 2 more to go for her NATCH 6! After that, I'll probably drop her to Skilled and let her have fun at 8".

Brisco and I had a rough weekend. We hadn't practiced much and it showed. Some of the issues were because I was late on my commands, but there were also some times where I was perfectly clear on what I wanted and Brisco chose his own path. He finally had a clean run in Regular on Sat for a much-needed Q. The bummer thing about that run was Brisco slipped coming out of a tunnel. I didn't think much about it until I got him out of his crate at the end of the day and he was limping. Poor guy must have pulled a muscle. Because of this, I really watched him on Sun. and even pulled him from TNG to avoid tunnels. On Sunday he seemed to run ok, but was taking off early on the jumps and knocked one bar in regular and one in jumpers. Otherwise, his head was much more in the game on Sun. Below is a picture of Brisco stretched out before a jump taken by Ken Gee.


Hopefully the weather will warm up again and we can get some practice in before our MDS NADAC trial in 2 weeks! We need to get some more Q's for 2010 championships.