Thursday, October 29, 2009

MDS Oct NADAC


We had a great time last weekend at our 10th Mountain Dog Sports NADAC trial! Since we moved back to Colorado, we've been hosting NADAC trials. The first year we held one show in July. The next year, we added our October trial. In the third year, we added a third show in March. This year we added another trial in May for a total of 4 trials this year! The first 3 were fairly close together and as soon as the paperwork for one trial was done, entries were coming in for the next one. After July, I had a nice break before the Oct trial and forgot how much fun it is to host this trial. Since it's close to Halloween, I get to bring out all my decorations including the life-like rat that roams around the kitchen all day. I know he got some second looks from competitors and he even got a scream out of Gretchen. :) We brought out Jeff Lyons to judge. He's one of my favorite judges and he's a favorite among competitors too. The courses he brought were a lot of fun and the Sunday ones had some fun twists to them.

As far as the courses go, Mariah and Brisco did pretty well. Mariah was back to her normal self and Q'd in 9 out of 11 runs for the weekend. She even picked up another chances Q! Now only 3 more to NATCH 6. Brisco didn't Q as much, but he had some great runs. He picked up 2 Regular Q's which is amazing for him! He almost had 3, but took down one bar. I tried a couple bonus lines with him and was really close on most of them. We did manage to get a 15 pt Q on the Sunday Chances course. At the end of the weekend we ran tunnelers and it was a fun, fast course. I tried the 20 pt line with Brisco and was a couple feet out of place so I sent him into a wrong tunnel, but got him right back on track for the rest of the course. Aren't there bonus points for that?! As the judge says - "yes, you got 10 points for that!" Once the trial was over, a couple of us swapped dogs and ran the tunnelers course for fun. I ran Tip and had an awesome run! Mary ran Brisco and was very close in time to my run with her dog. Then I ran Rex and we had a great run as well! I always enjoy running other dogs and I had plenty of opportunuties over the weekend. On Saturday I ran a small aussie Kona since her owner wasn't there yet. I'd never run her before, so the first run we had a couple small issues, but by the second regular, we had it figured out and got a Q. I ran my parent's dog Taylor in 4 runs over the weekend and we Q'd in 3 of them! She now has her Open Jumpers title! Not bad for a dog that doesn't really practice and only competes 3 times a year. The other dog that I got to run was a fellow flyball dog - Digit. Stuart brought her just in time for her Open Chances run Sun morning. Digit ran great for me and got a Q! She almost thought about going around the last jump, but I stepped in to make sure she took it.

With all the fun of running dogs, we also had the crate decortaing contest. Rex's owners always have a great set-up and they won for the second year in a row!

Rex's Haunted Ex-Pen



There were a few other great decorations and Cathy and Oreo showed up in costumes. I have more pictures posted on the "Past Trials" page.
Overall, it was a really fun trial!

Now I'm starting to plan for 2010 trials. We'll host 4 again like this year. I have facilities reserved and paperwork is off to NADAC!

No comments:

Post a Comment